VISA GIFT CARD TERMS AND CONDITIONS
IMPORTANT: Please read these Terms and Conditions as they form the agreement for
use of the Gift Card. If you are under 18 years you should let a parent or guardian review
them. Use of this Gift Card by you will be acceptance of these Terms and Conditions and
acceptance of the use of your personal data for the provision of the Gift Card and related
services (see section 8).
If you are reading these Terms and Conditions online, you are viewing the most recent
version of the terms applicable to your card. If you are reading the card terms included
with the card pack, we advise you to also read the online Card Terms, as the terms
included in the pack may have changed since printing of these terms.
Your Gift Card
- Your Gift Card can be purchased in amounts of €25, €50, €100 or a variable amount of
your choice between €25-€150.
- The purchase of the Gift Card is subject to a non-refundable fee which is payable in
addition to the value of the Gift Card as set out in section 13 below.
- Please sign the Gift Card on the reverse before you use it. If you intend giving the Gift
Card to someone else that person must sign it.
- You must treat your card like cash. If it is lost or stolen, you may lose some or all
of your money on your card, in the same way as if you lost cash in your wallet or
purse. As a result, you must keep your card safe and not let anyone else use it.
- Your Gift Card is a prepaid electronic money card and not a credit or debit card. No
interest is paid on any balance on the Gift Card.
You cannot or must not:
- load additional funds onto your Gift Card; or
- purchase more than €1,000 worth of Gift Cards or other gift cards issued by us.
- Your Gift Card can only be used from the date it is purchased until the expiry date on the front of your
- To obtain a refund of the balance on the Gift Card see section 6 below.
- The Gift Card is our property and we reserve the right to suspend or cancel the Gift Card (see section
- We will debit the available funds with a monthly fee from the 12th month following the
purchase of the Gift Card. If the available funds are less than the fee we will reduce the balance to
- All fees for the purchase and use of your Gift Card are set out in section 13 below.
- If you give this Gift Card to another person as a gift please ensure that they are given these
Terms and Conditions.
Using your Gift Card
- The value of the Gift Card will be available to you following purchase.
- There are no usage limits applied to your card.
- You can use your Gift Card to pay for transactions at retailers worldwide who accept
Visa payment cards up to the amount of the available funds.
- The Gift Card cannot be used to withdraw cash from an ATM, bank or building society;
to obtain cash-back from a retailer; or for adult entertainment or gambling.
- You must not use the Gift Card for any illegal purpose. If you use your card for any of
these purposes, we reserve the right to cancel your card, and we are required to report
you to the relevant authorities.
- Each transaction requires electronic authorisation by the retailer. Available funds will be
immediately reduced by the value of the transaction once it has been authorised, you
cannot stop the transaction. Once it has been authorised, if there are insufficient
available funds the transaction will be declined. However, any transaction that is agreed
by a retailer to take place on a future date (after the date you authorise the transaction)
may be withdrawn. To withdraw a transaction, you need to give the retailer at least one
(1) full business day notice of your intent, providing a copy of this notice to us.
- The use by you of the Gift Card will be treated as authorised if you ask a retailer to take
it in payment and follow the instructions of the retailer to authorise the transaction
(which may include signing a sales voucher or providing other information about the Gift
- We may refuse to authorise a transaction:
- you breach these terms and conditions
- if we reasonably suspect that your Gift Card is being used in an unauthorised,
fraudulent, or grossly negligent manner; or
- if we believe that an attempted or intended transaction would be unlawful.
If we refuse to authorise a transaction we will give you the reason for the refusal, if
practicable (unless it would be unlawful for us to do so).
- Where necessary, we reserve the right to investigate any transactions at any time, and
to charge you for any reasonable costs that we incur in taking action to stop you using
your card and to recover any monies owed as a result of such activity.
- If the Gift Card is used at some retailers (such as restaurants and bars) they may add
an additional percentage to allow for a service charge and check the available balance
before you authorise the final amount. Mail order and internet sites may add a charge
for delivery of any goods purchased.
- Your Gift Card cannot be used at an automated fuel pump but you will normally be able
to use your Gift Card by presenting it to an attendant.
- We do not recommend using the Gift Card to pre-book services such as hotels and car
hire companies, as they may pre-authorise an estimated amount of the final bill. This
amount will be temporarily unavailable to you for a period of time.
- If you wish to use your Gift Card for a purchase greater than the available balance on
your Gift Card you must tell the retailer to charge only up to the maximum available
balance on the Gift Card and pay the remaining balance by some other means
otherwise the transaction may be declined. It is at the discretion of the retailer whether
they will accept part payments.
- We will not send you paper statements but your transaction details are available free of
charge by calling Customer Services or, if you register the Gift Card,
at www.thegiftcardstore.nl .
Using your Gift Card
- You will need to register your Gift Card before you can:
- buy goods or services on the internet or by telephone;
- see a history of your transactions at www.thegiftcardstore.nl and print a
- Registration can be done, free of charge, at www.thegiftcardstore.nl or by calling a
Customer Services Representative.
- When registering your Gift Card you will be asked to provide some personal information.
- You should memorise the passwords used to access your Gift Card account
at www.thegiftcardstore.nl and not disclose these to anyone.
- We may ask you at any time to provide us with additional information to confirm your
identity and address for fraud prevention and anti-money laundering purposes.
- If you intend giving this Gift Card to another person as a present, it is that person who
should register their details.
- All communication with regards to and/or resulting from this Terms & Conditions,
information about your Gift Card included, is sent to the email address registered as set
out in Article 3. General communication is also published on our
- You are required to keep your contact details up to date at all times. Amendments in
your contact information must be passed onto our Customer Service or
via www.thegiftcardstore.nl. We are not liable for the consequences of incorrect
information provided and/or not (in time) updated contact information.
- You can check the available funds at any time by calling Customer Services or, if you
have registered your Gift Card, by visiting our web site at www.thegiftcardstore.nl.
- If for any reason a transaction is processed for an amount which is more than the
available funds you agree to repay the excess to us on request.
Lost or Stolen Gift Cards
- If you lose your gift card and do not report it as lost or stolen, you will lose the
available funds in the same way as cash in a wallet.
- To report your Gift Card lost or stolen, call Customer Services to stop further
If you report a Gift Card lost or stolen, and we do not reasonably suspect that you or
someone with your consent has acted fraudulently, you can redeem any available funds
(see section 6 below) but you will be liable for any transactions up until the time you
report the loss subject to a maximum of €50.
Ending the use of your Gift Card and redemption of available
- The agreement between you and us for the Gift Card begins on the date when the Gift
Card was purchased, or when you received the Gift Card, and ends on the date your
Gift Card expires (see section 1.7) or until the balance on your card reaches zero;
whichever comes first.
- You will not be able to use the Gift Card once it has expired or there are no available
funds (i.e. the Gift Card has reached a zero balance).
- We may suspend or cancel the Gift Card if:
- you breach these terms and conditions;
- we suspect any unlawful or fraudulent use of the Gift Card;
- we are required to do so by the law and, if you have registered your Gift Card, we
will tell you as soon as possible unless it is unlawful for us to do so; or
- we terminate the card product line under which your card was issued; if you have
registered your Gift Card we will let you know 2 months in advance of the card
ceasing to work.
- You may cancel the Gift Card before it expires and redeem any available funds on your
Gift Card (see sections 6.7 and 6.8).
- If your Gift Card is cancelled or expires, any funds still remaining on the card can still be
redeemed unless we have reasonable grounds for believing you (or someone with your
consent) have acted fraudulently or we are required to withhold payment by law.
- Subject to the above you may cancel the Gift Card before it expires and redeem any
available funds on your Gift Card for a fee (if applicable) as set out in section 13 below
(see sections 6.7 and 6.8).
- in the 12 month period beginning the day after expiration we will refund any
available balance at your request with no fee; and
- prior to expiration of your Gift Card, and from the 13th month after expiration of
your Gift Cad, a fee as set out in section 13 below will apply to any redemption
- To redeem the available funds call a Customer Services Representative or write to us. If
your Gift Card has expired you must make your claim within 6 years of the expiry date
and after this period you will lose any balance.
- When redeeming any balance on your Gift Card we may ask you to provide some
information about the Gift Card and about yourself. We may verify any information given
to us with a third party. Any information provided to us, will be treated in accordance
with section 8.
- Any funds redeemed will be paid in sterling by direct transfer to your bank or building
society in the Netherlands, following completion of our redemption procedures, which
include identity, fraud and anti-money laundering checks.
- If you redeem the Gift Card and any further transactions are found to have taken place
we reserve the right to claim these back from you.
- You will be liable to us for all losses which we suffer as a result of the misuse or
fraudulent use of your Gift Card by you or by someone with your consent.
- Subject to section 5.3 above we will not be liable to you for any losses you suffer due to:
- anything beyond our reasonable control;
- any malfunction of the Gift Card where this is not within our reasonable control;
- use of the Gift Card in breach of these terms and conditions;
- any retailer refusing or being unable to accept the Gift Card;
- the goods or services purchased with the Gift Card; or
- incorrect deducted from or credited funds to your card account, our liability shall
be limited to rectifying the incorrect deduction or credit only.
- Nothing in these terms and conditions will limit our liability for any loss which we are
expressly prevented from excluding by law.
Your personal information
- If we collect any personal information (including IP addresses, telephone numbers and
transactions) from you when providing the Gift Card or any related services:
- we will take all reasonable precautions to keep this information secure;
- it will only be used for the purposes of fulfilling our obligations;
- it will only be disclosed to third parties to the extent necessary to operate the Gift
Card or if we are required to disclose the information by law;
- it may be processed outside of the European Economic Area by a member of the
Blackhawk Network Group or our service providers who are required to
adequately safeguard this information;
- we may use it in connection with any misuse of the Gift Card; and
- it may be disclosed to any person to whom we transfer our rights under these
terms and conditions.
If you would like a copy of any personal information we hold, please contact The Data Controller, GVS Prepaid (Europe) Limited, One4all Unit 2, Swords Business Park, Swords, Dublin, K67 PX82. We may charge a fee for providing this information.
- For (i) evidentiary and (ii) training purposes all telephone calls may be recorded and/or
monitored. The record may be retained retrospectively for a duration of (i) 10 years and
(ii) 1 month
- If there has been an error in a transaction you must notify us as soon as you become
aware of this and, in any event, not later than 13 months after date of the disputed
transaction. You can do this by calling a Customer Services Representative or by
writing to us.
- You may be entitled to a refund for a pre-authorised transaction when the retailer did
not specify the exact amount at the time of its authorisation, or during the four (4) weeks
prior, and the amount charged by a retailer is more than you could reasonably have
expected. In this case, however you are only able to claim a refund within eight (8)
weeks immediately after the transaction appeared on your account. We advise you first
to try to settle this with the retailer directly. If you are unable to do so, we can mediate
on your behalf but will not be able to refund you until we receive a refund verification
acceptable to us from the retailer.
- If we re-credit a transaction and subsequently find it was authorised by you or has been
fraudulent, we may recover the value of the transaction from you.
- Any refund of a disputed transaction shall be re-credited by the end of the following
business, starting the date we were made aware of the disputed transaction.
- If you have any complaint or are unhappy about the Gift Card, please contact a
Customer Services Representative or write to us. We will try and resolve any problems
as quickly as possible in accordance with our complaints policy (available on request or
from www.thegiftcardstore.nl). We may ask for additional information from you in writing
before dealing with the complaint.
- If any complaint made to us is not resolved to your satisfaction, you may be able to take this to the Financial Services and Pensions Ombudsman (FSPO), to whom we are responsible in regards to resolving any complaints received timely and successfully. When contacting the ombudsman, you will have to do so in English.
||The Financial Services and Pensions Ombudsman,
||+353 (0)1 567 7000
Changes to these terms and conditions
- We reserve the right to change these terms and conditions to take into account any
changes in the law or any regulation or changing existing charges or introducing new
- Where possible we will give you at least 2 months’ notice of any changes we make to
the terms and conditions, which will be made available at www.thegiftcardstore.nl.
- If we make any changes to the Gift Card and you do not tell us these are not acceptable
you will be deemed to have agreed to them. If you notify us that the changes are
unacceptable we will cancel the Gift Card and redeem the available balance (see
section 6.4 above).
- The latest version of the Terms and Conditions is that which is available is
at www.thegiftcardstore.nl. Current and past versions of the Terms and Conditions can
be requested from Customer Services, free of charge, at any time. We advise you to
print a copy of these Terms and Conditions once you have read them.
- If you have registered your card online, you have the right to grant Account Information
Service Providers (AISP) access to the online card account associated to this card,
which you can access on www.thegiftcardstore.nl. An AISP is an online service, which
provides consolidated information across all the banks and prepaid card accounts that
you may have. Sharing your account details and or security information with such AISP
will not be regarded as of these Card Terms and Conditions in regards to keeping your
card and security details safe. Please be aware that by giving such AISP access to your
online card account, they will be able to change your account login details, change your
account details and potentially even request the remaining funds on your card to be
redeemed to them. We strongly advise you not to share your account details with an
AISP that you do not trust or for which you are not confident they will keep these details
safe or prevent from their misuse.
- We may transfer our obligations under these terms and conditions to a third party
provided that they comply with all our obligations.
- These terms and conditions do not give you any rights against VISA Europe or any of its
- All communications about the Gift Card will be done in the local language for as far is
possible, but at times may be in English.
- These terms and conditions will be governed by the laws of England and Wales. The
courts of England and Wales will have exclusive jurisdiction to deal with any dispute
arising in connection with these Terms and Conditions, subject to a referral to the
Financial Ombudsman Service as outlined in section 10.2 above.
Fees and charges
Our fees and charges are as follows:
|Card Issue Fee
||€25 Gift Card - €3.95
€50 Gift Card €4.95
€100 Gift card €6.95
€25 - €150 Gift Card - €6.95
|Balance Enquiry (web)
|Monthly Service Fee
||€1.50 per month (charged monthly from the 12th
month following the purchase of the Gift Card)
|Foreign Exchange Fee
||Applied wherever a card is used for a transaction made in a currency
other than the currency in which the card is loaded
2% of the transactional value will be deducted from the balance of the Gift Card.
The foreign exchange rate will be the Visa daily rate; https://www.visaeurope.com/making-payments/exchange-rates
| Redemption Fee (Will be applied to all redemption requests made before
expiry of the Gift Card, or from month 13 after expiry)
|Calls to Customer Services
||For calls to our Customer Service a local rate is charged.
What is meant by the following terms
- available funds means the value of any funds available on your Gift Card at any one
time to be spent or to pay any fees or charges.
- Gift Card means the VISA Gift Card issued by us.
- transaction means any payment made by you to purchase goods or services using
your Gift Card from a retailer who accepts VISA debit cards.
- electronic money institution means GVS Prepaid (Europe) Limited which is registered in Ireland under company number 413979 and regulated by the Central Bank of Ireland. we, us, our means GVS Prepaid (Europe) Limited, which manages and issues the Gift Card and whose head office is at One4all Unit 2, Swords Business Park, Swords, Dublin, K67 PX82. you, your means the purchaser of the Gift Card or, if given to someone else, that person
Our Customer Services can be contacted by:
||+31 (0)20 808 5375
||GVS Prepaid (Europe) Limited
||Jan Luijkenstraat 96
||1071 CV Amsterdam
Customer Services are available by an automated telephone service 24 hours a day and our
Customer Services Representatives are available between 8am and 8pm Monday to Friday.
Your card is issued by GVS Prepaid (Europe) Limited which is registered in Ireland under company number 413979 and its registered office is One4all Unit 2, Swords Business Park, Swords, Dublin, K67 PX82. GVS Prepaid (Europe) Limited is regulated by the Central Bank of Ireland.